The Selfie Monologues

As an extension of my drawing, I plan to create a A0-sized photographic print of my photographs. I feel that there is a strength to my photos that should be reflected upon more within my practise, removed form the finished drawing. In many ways, can the photograph not act as an accompaniment to the drawing, or a critique of it.

Reflecting on this further, there is a level of detail, and feeling of aura pertained within the photographs that I feel would have a positive effect on my audiences who so often question the context, feelings and motivation of my work.

In this way, the detailed, stylised portraits, could lead to another interesting avenue within my practise. As of today, I have visited the Digital Print Studio to get a price and size guide for the potential portrait, and will be printing it in the next week or so to work alongside the End of Term exhibition coming in December

In terms of style, I want a type of photograph that is highly detailed, but not onto glossy paper as it often obscures the viewer vision. I want the image to remain as naturalistic as possible, within only minimal changes made to the original photograph itself.  To this is have the name ‘The Selfie Monologues’ in which my images explore the other side of modern portraiture, removed from online internet profiles to explore people as they really are, removed from all the fluff we often associate ourselves with. I hope to create a series of images (and drawings) that explore people, plain and simple.