Research Catalogue

I am moving forward with the research Catalogue for the End of Term Exhibition, and have made the necessary appointments in the Digital PrintStudio for the week of Set-Up, now my attentions turn to what is contained within the catalogue.

From talking to my tutor in my May Recorded Tutorial it is clear that my research has to be clear within my research as I have limited outcomes. This is difficult as a lot of it is written, or in the form of preliminary work that contributed to my castings. I have booked a follow-up appointment with my tutor on the 12th (midday) and it is here I will discuss (again) my ideas in term son my research catalogue, as well as idea surrounding curation.

I had some time again to look through sample books and I am sure of the size and the style I want. (examples below)

Book SizeIMG_2254

Layout Style – introductory page, contents page etc.

Page Presentation

Minimalist Aesthetic (single-sided printing)

Cover Options

Matching Introductory Page

Small Name Tag

I plan to make an A6 sized book, minimalist in its aesthetic, containing a mixture of images, texts extracts and research, printed single-sided to increase page thickness. in the coming days I will work out aesthetic, as well as material to be included within the book.