Remoulding Cast

This initial casting was very nerve-racking for me as I was unsure as to whether I had mixed together the correct quantity of Easy Flow (1A:1B). In addition, when looking at the initial drying period of the resin, I could see the mood itself sagging and creasing within the interior of the cast which signalled to me that the details would not have been adequately described from cast to resin.

However, despite my initial concerns I was overjoyed about the level of detail that resulted. Peeling away the our layers was quite difficult and I feel that I have probably morphed a lot of the original features of the cast. Despite this, this is why I feel the Clay casting is s necessity in reclaiming many of the lost or distorted features of the original cast.

After the first cast I was definitely spurred on to recasting again, as I feel there needs to remain one un-touched casting mould that can be used as a guide when moulding a hollow clay template.

The only downfall of repeat castings is the rapid deterioration of the Mod Rock from the distortion of the Gel last in order to remove the Resin. Despot this there are still several more casts that can be achieved from the initial cast.

clay base used as a barrier to contain resin,

and to aid drying time (set. 30 mins)